In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Institute of Development Studies (IDS, United Kingdom), a seminar on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) was held on 13 May in São Paulo, Brazil. The event was cohosted by the Brazilian Centre of Analysis and Planning (CEBRAP) and counted on the participation of the director of the RIO+ Centre as speaker.
The seminar focused on how the SDGs can be effectively implemented in Brazil and whether the Global Goals have set the agenda for a new era of development. The findings from the São Paulo event will be presented in a panel at the IDS 50th Anniversary Conference ‘States, Markets and Society‘ in July.
- Romulo Paes de Sousa, Director of the UNDP World Centre for Sustainable Development (RIO+ Centre)
- Angela Alonso, President of Cebrap
- Evelina Dagnino, Professor of Political Science at the University of Campinas and IDS Board Member
- James Allen, Executive Director, Sustainability LAB and IDS Alumni Ambassador
- Vera Schatten Coelho, Cebrap
- Jessica Morris, Executive Director, Conectas
- Margareth Izumi Watanabe, Director of Methodology and Production, Fundação Seade
Seminar website here.